Monday, March 8, 2010

100th International Women's Day!!

Over the past few days I’ve been trying in vain to post my Sao Paulo blog. My upcoming trip to Dubai and Bahrain has kept me busy but today being the 100th International Women’s Day I had to do a post on Women’s Day at least.

A woman in the role of a mother has a tremendous amount of influence on each of our lives. I had the added benefit of sisters as well who have immensely contributed to where I stand today. Had it not been for them I would never have been able to enjoy the luxury of good education, a career and a comfortable life.

Most of my close friends are women and they have added so much color, laughter, spice and substance that I cannot imagine life without them around. The incredible holiday I recently had in South and Central America can be solely credited to the women I met in these countries who went out of their way to make me feel at home and enjoy every bit of the journey.

A GIANT Thank You:

To those who have been my friends unconditionally…and also
To those who have been my friends conditionally…

To those who have tolerated my bluntness and also
To those who have been intimidated by it

To those who were generous to look beyond my temper and also
To those who were not so generous

To those who say they love my smile and also
To those who just hate my guts

To those who are able to understand me and also
To those who will never be able to understand me

To those who will love me no matter what….and also
To those who won’t love me no matter what…!!

In short, to all you women out there who have helped me shape my life I have this to say. It’s been a privilege knowing you and having you in my life.

Back home the Indian government is struggling to pass the women’s reservation bill in parliament. The television has been full of people’s view on the women’s reservation issue.

I too have a view. I fully support women’s reservation. I believe women should be reserved for men. Consequently, I support women who are straight and of course….gay men too :)

7 comments:

Suzana said...

What is the my verse? :)

Vyne said...

Hey Suzi, No entiendo...repita por favor en Portuguese rsrs!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! :) - Jordanna oliveira

Suzana said...

--->>>--->>>--->>>--->>>--->>>--->>>-
What line of your poem is for me? :P (just joking...rsrs)
Note: Thank you on behalf of all women, his graceful poem and also comments about women.
:) :P
--->>>--->>>--->>>--->>>--->>>--->>>-

Vyne said...

You are most welcome:)

Whichever line you like the most is for you :)

In case you dont like any of them then I can write a special poem for you rsrsrs

E.S. said...

It's been said that such special comments could just come from a special friend :p

E.S. said...

It's been said that such special comments could just come from a special friend :p