Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two weeks on...

The tiger population in the world is dwindling. An ad campaign on TV says there are only 1,411 tigers left in India. I believe even globally the tiger population is dwindling. Take the case of Tiger Woods. Last night many of us were watching his apology live. He had always maintained that golf was an integral part of his life. I used wonder what he really meant until I read somewhere that he had 18 mistresses! Wow….he really took his game and his putting seriously. He is now into sex rehab and I’m sure they will only have male doctors and nurses around him.

Back home a political outfit having a leader who calls himself a tiger is also on the verge of extinction. His fear tactics have failed miserably and soon in addition to life saving drugs they will have to stock some face saving drugs as well.

Business News channels are screaming that Spain is one of the countries in Europe which is on the verge of bankruptcy. Having just come back from Latin America I am really surprised. In colonial times Spain has plundered the Latin Americans for a long time and stole hundreds of tons of gold and silver and other precious things. If they are bankrupt despite all this stealing then they must be really bad managers of wealth. Britons on the other hand have proved that they are not only smart plunderers but also pretty good at managing all the wealth they stole from their colonies!

Last evening a part of me was lost forever. I had gone to my dentist and he declared that the wisdom tooth was the root cause of all my toothaches during the past couple of months and I had no choice but to get it extracted. Two injections and two minutes later the tooth was out. The doctor offered me the tooth as a souvenir and I politely declined. It’s a pity the tooth fairy only visits children!

It’s been two lazy weeks of settling down after getting back. The feeling that I don’t belong here seems to be getting stronger. Does this mean anything at all? I have no clue!

P.S. My second post on my LatAm trip is now available at the following url

1 comment:

E.S. said...

One can lose a tooth but for sure the wisdom have not left you :p