Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thinking Aloud!

Just about a week left for the big day and I think I can squeeze in one small post and some internal travel too.

In a country where millions find it difficult to even manage two square meals a days I feel blessed to have the privilege of going on such a wonderful holiday. I thank god for showering me with such good fortune!

My solo travel to Singapore in August has made me more organized and equipped to avoid last minute rush. As I come to the end of my packing spree I must give a big thumbs up to the sachet culture in India. Every traveler will be proud of our consumer product companies. I was pleasantly surprised to find almost everything under the sun available in small sachets costing just about Rs 2 (5 cents!!)..tea, coffee, soap, shampoo, snacks etc you name it and they have it in sachets.

I read somewhere that the most important thing to pack while traveling is an open mind! Despite all the amazing people I have networked with in countries I will be visiting I will remember the fact that there are also not so nice people in every country of the world and tourists are soft targets. Ergo, better safe than sorry would be the mantra where ever I go.

To all my friends who are looking forward to my visit as much as I am excited about seeing them here’s a special message. “Whilst i'm sure I’ll be a good boy…if on the odd occasion I get difficult, impatient, blunt or show a bit of temper….please bear with me! I’m sure though that there is nothing I cannot make up with a bit of humour plus I’ve never known anyone who doesn't like Santa. :))

Travel they say not only broadens the mind but broadens the body as well. So to hell with cholesterol and sugar for the next two months coz I always say…you haven’t lived if haven’t lived it up!

To all my friends who helped me put together this trip...muchas gracias...what would I do without you??

As much as I look forward to exploring an amazing continent and my first couch surfing experience I am sure to miss home and people the moment my flight takes off! That’s human nature I suppose…

3 comments:

cancermonk said...

Right on Vyne!

cancermonk said...

right on Vyne!

When is your next blog?

-B

Vyne said...

I suppose there will be a deluge of posts once i get back to India!

In the meantime, I think I will write the Inca Trail post first and mail it to our trek team!!