Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Thrill



Be it a vice or a virtue, doing things one is not supposed to be doing gives the maximum thrill in life. When we go to school we are thrilled by the idea of going to college. Similarly, when we are teenagers in college it’s a thrill to work and earn your own money!

Right now I’m supposed to be pushing papers behind a desk, pleasing my boss, preventing mishaps in the office, planning for my future, preparing for mid life crisis and pondering about life in general. If I add up all these ‘P’ words they result in another ‘P’ word called Pathetic. In short, I’m not supposed to be going back to school and that’s exactly what gave me the thrill when I went back to school! Now, a friendly warning to those of you who are thinking of smart-ass questions like “I’m not supposed to punch you so shall I punch you?” or “You are not supposed to be jumping off a cliff so why don’t you?” I already have a smart-ass answer for all those kind of questions. Well, you are not supposed to be asking such questions but you do get a thrill out of asking them don’t you? Ok…I can see you smile!

So back to school it is and I thought I should start this post with a picture of mine from KG class - the first time I really went to school! This is by far my best picture to date :) and if you have not seen this before…. try to spot me and if you are right I promise to buy you coffee and cookies! A big clue would be to say I was the teachers pet. Come to think of it I have always been my teachers pet.... through out my school, college and even while I was doing my CA. However, I don’t think I can claim the same from my Spanish teacher coz I keep asking her the stupidest and silliest of questions and trouble her a lot. It's almost like de..tras de [it's Spanish but read that in Marathi and you’ll know what I mean!].

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The thrill of going back to school is priceless, even more thrilling is meeting old school friends. I missed my school reunion recently so hoping to catch up with some of them when I am in India next

Vyne said...

Everytime I see that pic of mine I wonder how it might be to try and trace out some of them! Who knows maybe some day I will:)